Joost: I’ve Got Invites

Posted on May 9, 2007

Joost™ the best of tv and the internetI have been playing around with Joost, the new TV-over-the-internet platform formally known as the Venice Project (next they’ll be going by a weird logo I think and no name), for a while now. I was psyched to start using it mainly since I no longer have cable TV (yes, it’s by choice). I have enjoyed my Joost experience so far and as they get more content deals done I think they will continue to pick up users pretty quickly.

Let’s cut to the case. Joost was invite only for its’ whole life and it still is but they recently gave all their beta testers unlimited invites so if you’d like an invite please shoot me a note (eric [at] ericjohnolson.com) and I’ll get one to you. After you check out the platform I’d love to hear what you think of it so make sure to comment on this post.

Search this Site

Lijit Search

Latest Tech & Biz Buzz

BuzzFeed
Add To Your Site

Comments

If you would like to make a comment, please fill out the form below.

Name (required)

Email (required)

Website

Comments

29 Comments so far
  1. Lou May 9, 2007 12:19 pm

Eric,

I would appreciate an invite. I’m very anxious to see how they can stream so much video content.

Thanks,
    Lou

2. Stephanie May 9, 2007 4:56 pm

Can you please send me an invite.

3. Rodrigo May 9, 2007 6:33 pm

Hi Eric, I would like to receive one invite too. Thanks!

4. Ray May 9, 2007 8:04 pm

Would like an invite. Thanks

5. Robbie May 9, 2007 9:19 pm

Eric,
    I would love an invite. If you would mind sending one to me.

6. Kamil May 10, 2007 12:04 am

Hi, Just wondering if you still plan on giving out any
    Joost invites?
    I would love to get one :)

7. David Dalka May 10, 2007 1:49 pm

Congrats!

Maybe we should start a site together to make this bigger?

8. Vishal May 11, 2007 8:37 am

Eric,

If you’re still planning on giving out more invites, I’d appreciate one. I’m also an ex-cable subscriber and want to compare it to other free TV-over-Internet platforms. Btw, Great site… movie and book reviews are real helpful… enjoy the commentary too

Vishal

9. Richard Shade May 11, 2007 12:00 pm

Eric, Nice Article. I would love an invite if you have one. Thanks.. Richard Shade

10. Marc May 11, 2007 1:32 pm

Hallo Eric,
    I would like to receive one invite too.
    Thanks in advance

Marc

11. Colleen May 11, 2007 9:53 pm

I’d love to get an invite! I’m dying to see this!

Thanks much! Cheers, Colleen

12. Peter May 12, 2007 1:36 am

Anyway you could hook me up with an invite? Its cold and rainy here in sweden and i need something to do.

13. Martha Knight May 12, 2007 4:45 pm

If I can get an invite and check out Joost, I’ll certainly comment here. I remember when Gmail was by invitation only–you had to know someone. I suppose the Newsweek piece has sent people flocking to the Joost site, where they learn they learn that the service may be free (for now), but you aren’t necessarily free to download it. ::wail::

14. Martha Knight May 12, 2007 7:31 pm

The installation was a bit dicey. I had to suspend some protections, disable Norton SpamDoctor and an OnGuard blocker to get the installation to finish and the program to launch. There was a contretemps with the sign-in system: I had to enter and re-enter my user name and password a couple of times before it took.

Once it was up and running and I had navigated a bit, I found a National Geographic documentary, A Cat’s World I think it is called, and found it to be superb. The photography was well done, and I got the full effect with the high resolution of my display. Just that one program was well worth the money. Oh, that’s right, Joost is free!

15. Martha Knight May 12, 2007 7:32 pm

Oh, and many thanks for providing the invite. They jumped right on it like duck on junebug.

16. Luis May 13, 2007 4:11 pm

Hi Eric, i would like to have a joost invite, i wonder if free internet tv is already fully potential, and some day would be an interactive technology, tnx.

17. Roger L. Derrien May 13, 2007 9:08 pm

Would love an invite. I use to be an executive at a major infrastructure provider and we pushed the hell out of IPTV. Never had the opportunity to try it out as a consumer.

Roger

18. Somewhat Frank May 14, 2007 8:51 am

Joost Platform Brings TV Over Internet…

Joost, formerly known as the Venice Project, is a platform that looks to juice up the web by offering TV over the Internet with a surprisingly crisp video quality. What is Joost? Joost is the creation of Niklas Zennström and…

19. vinicius May 15, 2007 10:26 pm

Please, send me an invite.

20. Carlos May 22, 2007 12:38 am

Hi Eric, I also chose to drop my cable TV a couple of years ago. Great reading increase! I will appreciate an invite for evaluation, and hope I´ll be picky with my viewing, to keep the reading going!

21. Bleuboy53 May 22, 2007 6:05 pm

Please send a Joost invite please and thank you

22. Gina May 25, 2007 4:17 am

Thanks for the invite. It is very much appreciated!

23. Rui Galão May 29, 2007 4:40 am

Hi Eric,

I was just making a google searching for invitations for joost and I discoverd this page.

As many of the other I am also quite curious about it so it would be quite nice if you could send me an invitation. Thanks in advance!

Rui

24. Kelly June 20, 2007 8:23 am

Are you still sending out invites? Would you please send one my way? I no longer have cable TV either and came across this site and wanted to check it out. Thanks so much in advance!

25. Andres Pavon June 27, 2007 5:46 am

Eric , please , send me an invite for joost
    Thanks and good luck.
    Andres

26. Eran July 10, 2007 5:01 pm

Eric,
    I would appreciate an invite.
    Thank you in advance, Eran.

27. Eric Olson July 10, 2007 5:41 pm

I am unable to give any more invites at this time. I apologize in advance to anyone who may still need one.

28. Angelo August 15, 2007 3:37 am

Hi, I also dropped cable TV. Nonsense to pay so much for watching only a limited part of it. I’d love to get an invite for Joost, wanting to try it out after reading so much about it.

29. Timm August 23, 2007 10:43 am

Ciao Eric,

I would also, very much, love to recieve an invite if this is still possible for you.

I really enjoy reading your movie reviews..

Thanks,